What We Offer
Welcome to the Stephen Ministry page! We're glad that you are here!!
What is Stephen Ministry?
Pastors will always be on the front lines of care, especially during times of crisis. But there are always many more needs for ongoing, one-to-one care than pastors can effectively meet by themselves. Our congregations’ Stephen Ministry program equips lay people to provide CONFIDENTIAL, One-to-One Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is:
* A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
* A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
* A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
* A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays for, supports, and encourages.
* Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for approximately one hour each week, for as long as there is a need.
How Can I Learn More About Stephen Ministry?
If you would like information on requesting a Stephen Minister or are interested in becoming a Stephen Minister to serve those in need, please see our Stephen Ministry Leaders: Becky George or Sue Johnson, or email/call the church office: email@example.com. / (703) 670-7834. You may also speak with anyone wearing a blue Stephen Minister badge. Stephen Ministry pamphlets are also available in the literature rack in the church narthex.
After each church service, a Stephen Minister is available near the front of the sanctuary by the chancel steps for prayer or just to talk. We encourage everyone who needs prayer or may care to share a personal difficulty to meet there with a Stephen Minister. Remember, ALL INFORMATION IS CONFIDENTIAL! Those needing a Stephen Minister can rest assure that their identity and what goes on in the caring relationship will remain private.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
We invite you to view two videos provided by the Stephen Ministry main office in St. Louis, Missouri.
https://vimeo.com/61126354 “Getting Me Plugged Into My Church”
https://vimeo.com/61126355 “I Can Tell Him Anything”
We hope these videos encourage you to seek help from Stephen Ministry. We are here for you. You are not alone.